Sunday 16 September 2012

I want to open an element I already have into photoshop elements.

Opening an element
 
I am taking this a simple step at a time as photoshop can be confusing. If this is too simple then you can go to one of my other tutorials :)
 
Ok, so you have opened the program, and you now know how to open a working space for elements. Time to put one of your elements into photoshop.  On the left hand side of your computer screen will be your start button to open your options, I am sure you have been there many times. Click on this and choose the pictures option, and then the folder where your element is stored. One tip, I usually make the window smaller by clicking on the box in the top right hand corner. This is so I can see both the files, and photoshop.
 
Left click on the element you wish to use, holding down the button drag it on to the working space of photoshop. If photoshop is happy with the file format you will see a plus sign appear where your cursor is. Let go of your mouse button to drop the element. It will then open in its own window. You will now be able to edit or make a page for your scrap booking.
 
If you haven't made your window smaller you can still drag and drop, but this time look for the photoshop icon in your menu bar at the bottom of your screen. I have made a picture showing where both start and the icon should be. As you hover over it photoshop will open on the screen and you can drop into it. You can't drop on the icon, because it doesn't work :)
 
Once the file you have your element in is opened it should also be accessible from your folder icon.
 
I hope this has been helpful, I like things to be explained to me one step at a time :) probably because I'm old lol
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment